Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Understanding Context

As I do my blogs each week, and continue to read the chapters in The Photograph as Contemporary Art I notice a pattern of similarity with the context of the book. It really gives that warmth that not everyone is a professional photographer, and some people just take pictures to take pictures. Before reading this book, I would have guessed that it was going to talk about how to take the perfect picture, and the perfect angles, and what cameras to use, and history of famous paintings.. But no, that is not what it is about at all and I am absolutely astound on this read. I enjoy how the authors make it a bit more relevant to the average student-photographer and while still incorporating the great ideas and knowledge on photography, it makes it easy and enjoyable to read through. I enjoy The Photography as Contemporary Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment